Ava's Tooth And a Whole Lot More
So, we've had some excitement since I've been in hiding. We were at a dinner for John's grandmother's 80th Birthday. It was at this cute little house in the middle of nowhere, called the Stonehouse. About 30 of us where gathered in the dining room, eating a scrumptious meal (Well, most of us. As the parents of a newly mobile little man, John and I were taking turns chasing Isaac in and out of the dining area). Ava was sitting at a table with her cousins...the "kids" table. And she was feeling like a pretty big girl at the the "kids" table sans adults. Well, pretty soon I hear WAILING...serious WAILING. It took a minute to register that it was my daughter, overturned on the floor with her legs in the air and her chair under her. I quickly scooped her up and rushed her into the other room, thinking that it was more embarassing for her than anything else. The poor girl takes after her mother when it comes to grace. Then I saw blood on my sweater..off we rushed to the kitchen where I discovered that all that blood was coming from one little tooth. I wiggled it, and it was barely hanging on. I asked Ava if I could pull it out, and to my dismay (this child screams and cries over getting splinters out and her toe nails cut) she just shrugged her shoulders. So I grabbed the tooth and gently lifted it out of Ava's mouth, where it left a big, gaping hole. I assured her this was a really cool thing- the tooth fairy would be visiting. She suddenly smiled, and for the rest of the night, she was a rockstar. You could see her across the room showing off the hole in her mouth and smiling proudly with everyone telling her what a tough cookie she was. I guess if you have to get a tooth knocked out..that's the way to go. Here is Ava explaining what happened to her tooth...
Oh yes...and that is Isaac falling off the ottoman...head first... And no... I didn't catch him. I was too busy listening to Ava and watching her through the camera to see him coming at me. Classic. The poor guy is lucky he didn't lose a tooth too!
Oh yes...and that is Isaac falling off the ottoman...head first... And no... I didn't catch him. I was too busy listening to Ava and watching her through the camera to see him coming at me. Classic. The poor guy is lucky he didn't lose a tooth too!
Comments