4 Going on 16

So, my lovely daughter has been puking the last couple of days. Yes, yes, puking...AGAIN!!! Can we not get enough of this around here? Anyway- she just got done tossing her breakfast in the toilet (thank goodness), and we head into the kitchen to get her a glass of water. John has this habit of bringing home little "goodies" for Ava every night after work. So Ava grabs one of these chocolate mints off the counter, looks at me from under those long lashes, and says, "Mom, can I have a treat, please?" I stare at her in astonishment. I just witnessed this girl screaming and heaving and puking her breakfast up and she wants chocolate?! So I say to her, "Ava, why in the world would you want to do that to yourself? Your tummy can't handle chocolate right now!" She gives me a haughty look with a half eye-roll and says, "Geez mom, you don't have to freak out on me!" And then she reiterates it, just in case I missed it, "You don't have to freak out on me; I didn't know." I had to laugh at those words coming out of her mouth. But then I thought, oh heavens...what am I in for?

Comments

M&M_Mama said…
Very cute story. I love 4 year olds! Thanks for sharing that story.

Popular Posts