Vegetenarian Superhero Moms Unite!

Ava has had a long-standing response to the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?". It started about a year ago. John decided it would be great to take her to a UNR girls basketball game. Those of you who know my husband, know how he feels about basketball. He thought it would be great for Ava to see women playing basketball, in terms of strong, sporty, female role models. So,to the game they went. And she was mesmerized the entire time....by the dance team in their skimpy black outfits. John's dreams of a bb star went poof!, just like that. And Ava's dream of what she wanted to do when she was a big girl, solidified.
So if you ask her that question, she will say, "I want to be one of those dance team girls, you remember, the ones with the black things on...and a superhero (because superhero's are just cool), oh yah, and a mom."
Well last night, as I was peeling the pepperoni from her pizza, she said, "Momma, would you be mad if I never, ever ate meat?". I thought about this for a moment, because truly, I love meat, and yah, I would be a little disappointed. But I said, "Actually, Ava, there are people who don't eat meat. They are called vegetarians. They eat fruit and vegetables, and bread and stuff." (Hmmmmm). Ava looked thoughtful for a minute and said, "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a vegetenarian, a super hero, and a mom." I told her to call her grandpa Ross up quick and let him know (he is a veterinarian/cattle rancher). HEEE HEEE HEEE!
Well, on the bright side, there goes the skimpy black outfits. So, here's to all you vegetenarian superhero moms out there!

Comments

M&M_Mama said…
Too cute! Ava is a hoot!

Popular Posts